Pages

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Review: TheBodyShop "Tea Tree Oil"

I've used this product since forever!
Rating: 8 out of 10
Skin Type: Oily skin; blemishes.
Me:  I personally have combination skin and I often break-out or get a blemish here and there. I have about 2 acne treatments that are my HG items and this is one of them. I love this item! I feel like it really works for me and it's just pure tea tree oil. Tea tree oil is known as a natural ingredient that works against oily skin and blemishes. I put this on just any type of blemishes; but its especially good for those that are really stubborn or just irritating. I think I've gone through like 2 bottles already? And I still have back-ups.
Repurchase: Yes! I have two back-ups of this, and I will continue buying this until I find something even better.
How to: After washing your face and applying moisturizer, use this treatment last. Using a Q-tip, carefully drop some oil on it and apply it on any blemishes or any areas that are problematic. Or, if you have a larger area, carefully drop some oil on a clean finger and dab it in that area. ** I would recommend using this particular treatment to heal acne (that you've popped) or on a big zit to dry it up. This also reduces redness of big zits!
Price: $9 really inexpensive for this since you only need a little and this will last you forever!
Quality: I really like this oil because it's pure and it works! It's not the most effective or fastest way, but it heals and reduces the redness of the zit and takes the acne away. Tea tree is a well-known natural ingredient that fights against acne.
Smell: It smells very minty; the typical tea tree smell. Not a peppermint smell, but more like a earthy mint. The smell does not bother me at all, and it feels tingly on the skin.
Texture: It does come out as a liquid, but not 'oily'.
Packaging: The packaging has changed a little bit ever since it just came out. I think the very first one is just an open mouth with no stopper, so you had to dip a Q-tip in carefully. Now. it comes with this small stopper with a 'spout' opening. Course, the product is in a little glass container with a secure screw-top cap. It is pure oil; so the packaging is not really convenient; I think it would be better if it had a dropper.
Amount: 0.33 fl. oz.
The Body Shop: http://www.thebodyshop-usa.com/skin-care/face-eye-treatments/tea-tree-oil.aspx

The back of the bottle

4 comments:

  1. ooh! I luv the body shop tea tree oil too!
    I like to soak a tiny band aid with it and keep it on overnight.
    Like u said, it's rly effective!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i never thought of the band aid method, but it's a great idea! thanks ! :)
    it really is ! :) i'm glad you like it too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is very effective! i had this before when my acne is at worst and unmanageable. :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. yay! i'm so happy that you liked this too! :)

    ReplyDelete