Hello everyone! Summer is here, and it is incredibly hot where I live... however, since it's summer, the suns out, and its time to show off all your toes and nails, I think it's time for some fun colors. I love wearing all sorts of colors for the summer, especially brighter colors; they're so happy! Here's a pick of my top 5 favorite colors for the summer that you might be interested in trying as well!
(Left to Right)
1. Revlon "474 Kiss Me Coral"
2. Revlon "007 Sheer Blossom"
3. Essie "719 Splash of Grenadine"
4. OPI "Peach-A-Boo!"
5. Pure Ice "Super Star"
^Swatch of all the colors in order^
1. This color is very tropical because it's a sheer coral with a fine hot pink shimmer. Since this is a sheer color, it's very easy to wear in the summer. I love the different 'colors' this polish gives off; it could be a coral orange or a coral hot pink.
Me: Toe color; 2-3 coats
2. This color is VERY sheer/translucent. It could be worn alone as just a hint on pink or it could be put on a very opaque color to give it a pink tint. I like how it makes my nails look 'clean' because it's pretty much a natural color. There is a little bit of silver shimmer, but very few, so you can't really see them.
Me: Nail color, 2-3 coats.
3. I recently bought this color, and I am in love already! It's such a pretty purple color! It reminds me orchids; favorite flower! It's very bright, yet still very wearable. This color is quite opaque, so the number of coats just build up on it's fullness in color. 1 coat is enough for a opaque finish that's a light orchid purple , 2 coats gives it a full purple that is very opaque, and 3 coats just makes it a darker purple.
***Fun idea: Try using this color doing a french tip! A peek of fun! ;)
Me: Nail color, 1 or 2 coats / Toe color, 2 coats.
4. This color is also VERY sheer/translucent. It could be worn alone as a natural shimmer nail color or it could be put on top another color for a shimmer effect (matching base colors). The color itself is a light peach base with fine pink/peach shimmers. The more coats just mean the more shimmer!
***Fun idea: Try putting this on top of a classical white french tip for a summer tint!
Me: Nail color, 1-3 coats.
5. Just for the classic french tip OR designs (polka dots) for your nails. I love wearing french tips for the summer because it looks incredibly clean, and not as heavy as full-on polishes. I found this the other day, and it was super cheap, like $2 or something? And it's great for french tips because it's opaque, not too runny or thick, dries quickly, and last a long time!
Me: Nails or Toes, 1-2 coats.
What are your favorite colors for the summer?
Please comment below, I would love to know! ^_^