Pages

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Review: Etude House "Aqua Sherbet Lotion"

Hello again! I'm sorry for the hiatus again... but school has been really busy lately, and will be, but I'll still try to squeeze in a post! I've been meaning to review this product for so long, and finally here I am! This line, I would say, is one of the lesser known lines of Etude House, and I got this back in my Mini Haul. I've had this product for such a long time, but in all honesty I don't like it. I've tried going back and forth with it, mixing it with other products etc, but I just don't like it! There are very few products that I don't like, but this just happens to be one of them. Now, let's get into details about this! 

"Aqua Sherbet contains mineral rich glacial water from Alaska and vitamin rich grapefruit water to supply skin cooling complexion care. Lotion replenishes and restores moisture balance to complexion."
Rating: 4 out of 10
Skin Type: Oily skin.
Me: Originally, I intended to buy this as a moisturizer and I thought it would be extremely good for the summer because it's like "cooling". Lies and deception. During the summer, I usually have oily to combination skin, and I knew that this would be a light moisturizer to do that. I was really intrigued by like "cooling glacial water" and "grapefruit", but this is such a big disappointment. However, it is just too drying for my skin; I have tried mixing it with a heavier cream to balance it out, but my skin in general does not 'like' this product. After using it for about 2 weeks, my mom commented on how dull my skin looked! I mean, it did literally nothing for my skin, its like the worst thing I've ever came upon! I like how watery it feels, but it provides little moisturizing effects to my skin.
Now: Currently; I am not using this moisturizer at all for my face. I am using it as a make-up fixer.
Repurchase: No, definitely not, I've tried better moisturizers and I bet there are better ones that I have not tried.
How to: Following serum application, use hand to apply lotion to all areas of face and neck.
Price: I don't even remember the price, but I remember it being one of the priciest things I got in that haul. I think maybe around $20? Not sure, but definitely not worth it!! 
Quality: I would label this as light lotion. It is too light! It's really not worth it, and it doesn't really do anything to my skin. If anything, it makes my skin even duller!
Smell: I thought it was gonna smell fruity, but it smells nothing like grapefruit! I do not like the smell at all, it doesn't smell 'safe' for my face... It kinda smells like hand sanitizer with a slight hint of bitter-sweet grapefruit. I think the smell may irritate those with sensitive skin.  
Texture: Extremely watery and light. It comes out almost like a blue watery gel. It may feel like your skin is soaking it in all the way, but your skin does not feel hydrated at all. It may feel like it does at the beginning, but after, it's just back to like nothing.
Packaging: The concept is cute, but its very unrealistic. It's a heavy glass bottle; which is annoying because you use a moisturizer almost two times a day, and it's such a hassle for this packaging! Inside, the opening is a really big hole so it's so easy to spill out too much! The cap is very pretty though!
Amount: 150 ml. / 5.07 fl. oz.
Etude House: http://www.etudehouse.com/eng/product/product_view.jsp?prdtCd=215017014

The top and the opening of the bottle



4 comments:

  1. The packaging is cute, but the product itself is terrible!! I can't afford any drying, my skin is in a horrible condition =.=

    Btw, lotions = toners... you should use a moisturizer on top of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. same here, my skin is just so bad lately :'(

    oh!! no wonder, thanks blair!
    none of the less, this is a terrible product for me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great review! I really want to try it

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks! :)

    if you have extremely oily skin; try it out to see if you like it.

    ReplyDelete