Pages

Monday, May 31, 2010

Review: Origins "Plantidote Mega-Mushroom" Face Serum


Rating: 6 out of 10
Skin Type: All Skin Types
Me: When I got this I was really exited because it was suppose to protect my skin and prevent acne... Well, it did cure my acne a little bit, but I guess that's all it's gonna do. I put this on after my toner, and then my moisturizer. It says you can use this AM and PM, but I prefer this on PM only since I have other things on my face during the day, so this serum acts like a protector/repairer for my skin at night.
How to: Use this serum AM/PM; after washing your face and applying a toner. Pump a small amount, about a dime-size (1/2-1 pump) and gently massage it onto your skin. Then, you can apply your moisturizer afterwards.
Price: $66 Honestly... I think this is overprice for this. I mean, yea its pretty expensive stuff in there, but for what it does, I would say it's not really worth it... This bottle lasted me for like 2 years, and I'm still using it, so I guess the price isn't THAT bad for this serum.
Quality: I guess it's a good quality, it does work on my skin like a veil of protection.
Smell: Not a really pleasant smell, but it's not awful either. Kinda smells like a light citrus ginger? Don't worry, the smell won't linger. It does smell fresh though, so that's a plus.
Texture: Very liqudy, but nice. The serum is light, so when you put it on, your skin just soaks it in. It's like a soft veil of protection for your skin.
Packaging: Packaging is perfect for the serum. One pump is enough, so it's a good pump. The thick bottle gives it ultimate protection for the "delicate" serum inside. I like the packaging on this, very smart.
Amount: 1.7 fl. oz./50 ml
Origins: http://www.origins.com/templates/products/sp_nonshaded.tmpl?CATEGORY_ID=CATEGORY9143&PRODUCT_ID=PROD8852

No comments:

Post a Comment