Pages

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review: Skinfood "Black Sesame Hot Mask"

My third out of the five things I got from Skinfood! I'm almost out of things to do a review on, but I am getting my second haul going since I'm getting another order probably by the end of the month. I'm not getting my favorites again just because I want to try other things first, so the next haul will be with new things!
Rating: 7 out of 10
Skin Type: All skin types, not really oily skin though.
Me: I mean... It's not the best mask I've ever used, but it's a decent mask. I really don't like the texture of it, and how it feels. You really can't tell the difference in your face until the next day or so. It's an okie mask you use when your skin is just tired, or when your stressed out. I do think that the smell of the sesame helps to calm your skin and yourself too. The mask kind of heats up when you put it on, not HOT, but just a warm feeling, like you have a warm towel on your face. It's hard to wash off too, it's so sticky, but does a good job at moisturizing your face and making it look and feel smooth.
How to: After cleansing your face, apply this to a wet face, and spread on a reasonable amount until you've got a nice layer. (Not too thick, and don't have it so thin either or else you can't massage it.) Gently massage it in circular motions for about one minute, and then leave the mask on for like 3-5 minutes. Then, wash off in circular motions with lukewarm water. After your face it clean splash it with cold water to get a refreshing splash since the mask is pretty warm.
Price: 213,000 VND = 12 dollars. As all of the Skinfood masks are pretty cheap, but I really didn't like this one. It's not an expensive price because normally, on the other websites, it would be like $20. It's cheap, but I wouldn't repurchase this for myself.
Quality: Does what's it's suppose to do! Moisturizing, hydrating, and soothing to the skin. Your skin looks so soft after using this!
Smell: It has a very earthy scent to it. You can definitely smell the sesame in it, it smells like burnt sesame. Not overpowering, yet the smell kinda lingers. The smell is pleasant, it really relieves you if you just calmly breath, you can sense a nice toasted sesame smell.
Texture: It's really sticky and droopy. It does not have the best texture, but it's easy to massage; you can feel the little sesame seeds on your face. But the overall texture is just very messy.
Packaging: Good thing it's in a jar so you can slowly scoop it out with your sticky fingers already. I love the cute packaging of Skinfood anyways, so....
Amount: 100 g.
Skinfood: http://skinfood.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment